Stathera is looking for a Jr. Electronic and Circuits Developer to join our team. We encourage enthusiastic candidates with Bachelor or Master’s degrees in electrical engineering that have an interest in working on innovative projects to apply to this position.
The successful candidate will learn how to develop high precision and low noise electronics in the field of micro-electro-mechanical-systems (MEMS) in a fast moving, collaborative, and high performing Startup environment. The candidate will work with the Stathera team on different projects developing electronic circuits, while utilizing hardware and software. The tasks and responsibilities involve helping the team in developing computer control and automated measurement systems to characterize our proprietary MEMS resonators and sensors.
The Jr. Electronic and Circuits Developer will report directly to the Research and Development Manager and will be expected to work on a full-time basis, namely 40 hours a week.
Stathera is a semiconductor company focused on delivering performance leading MEMS timing and frequency reference solutions for the semiconductor industry. Headquartered in Montreal, our team specializes in MEMS timing products which provides disruptive competitive advantages over quartz-based timing. At Stathera, we are also passionate about saving time, and reducing system cost for our customers. Our first-to-the-world true dual-output (kHz and MHz) MEMS oscillator replaces two quartz-based oscillators, enabling simplification of system design, miniaturization, BOM reduction, lower current consumption, and lower cost for a variety of applications including wearables, IoT and smartphones.
Stathera is transforming the 100-year-old quartz-based timing market to MEMS-based timing with our breakthrough innovation in Timing technology and was the only Canadian company to make it to EE Times Silicon 60: 2018’s Emerging Companies to Watch.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Designing and developing circuits and electronics;
- Leading and performing electronic assembly of different parts;
- Responsible for testing, validating and characterizing low and high frequency circuits;
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise in the verification of the circuits and electronics;
- Ensure instrument interfacing is properly executed and integrated;
- Analyzing and processing data and generating well-written reports;
- Other duties, as assigned by the Research and Development Manager.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Science or other equivalent;
- Hands on experience working with electronics and circuits;
- Proficiency in computer programming and knowledge of Python, Matlab or C++, are preferred;
- A strong foundation in data analysis;
- Experience working with Altium or equivalent PCB design software or tools;
- Knowledge of high frequency measurement and setup, is considered an asset.
- Proven problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Works well under pressure and has great time management skills;
- Is a team player and collaborates well with others.
Stathera’s offices are located in the heart of downtown Montreal with direct bike path access, BIXI bike stands, close proximity to Place Des Arts metro station and multiple bus lines. We are an enthusiastic and energetic group of individuals committed to the success and well-being of our people. Some of our office perks include smoothies, coffees, bagels and other free snacks and treats at your disposal. Our office breakroom includes a ping-pong and foosball table and our kitchen is fully equipped to prepare your breakfast or lunch. We also host regular 5@7 events at the office and have our very own beer tap installed in our kitchen. What more could you ask for?
If you are looking to start your career with a supportive team, gain valuable work experience and have what it takes to join our company, please send us your resume, we would love to hear from you!
Stathera is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating a work environment based on mutual respect, hard work and inclusion without bias or discrimination. Our team is made up of people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and each member is valued for what they know and what they can contribute. As a collective we are continuously learning and encourage each other to push our boundaries and make mistakes we can all learn from. Those who do so will get an opportunity to grow with us and share in our success.
$55,000.00 - $60,000.00