Based in Montreal, our growing, diverse team specializes in the development of next generation MicroElectroMechanical System (MEMS) sensors used in a variety of medical devices. MY01 Inc. is on a mission to empower healthcare professionals with the ability to pre-empt severe medical conditions, to improve patient outcomes. One of these medical conditions is Acute Compartment Syndrome.
MY01’s looking for a Mechanical Engineering Intern to join our team. We encourage qualified and ambitious students to apply to this position.
The successful candidate will earn product development experience in a fast moving, collaborative, and high performing Startup environment.
The Mechanical Engineering Intern will report directly to the Product Development Team and will be expected to work a total of 40 hours per week.
We are NXTSens Microsystems, a Montreal based scaleup focused on powering the future with microtechnology. Born out of McGill University, NXTSens is the growing team behind multiple businesses and technologies including MY01 and Stathera.
MY01 is a state-of-the-art medical diagnostic aid for the detection of acute compartment syndrome. Stathera is a business focused on delivering a suite of tailored timing and frequency reference solutions for the semiconductor industry. MY01 has been ranked among the top 50 Medtech's by Medtech Innovator (2018) and Stathera was the only Canadian company to make it to EE Times Silicon 60: 2018’s Emerging Companies to Watch.
MY01 Inc. was originally founded as the result of a university research project initiated by Dr. Edward J. Harvey, a renowned Montreal trauma surgeon. What initially started as a small team in a research lab at McGill University in 2015, has now transformed into a growth stage med-tech business comprising nearly 50 professionals - and we’re only just getting started
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Participation in the development and design of the MY01 product.
- Conceptual design of mechanical parts and systems.
- Generate detailed part drawings and manufacturing plans.
- Create and test functional prototypes through 3D printing.
- Designing and conducting mechanical tests for the MY01 device.
- Preparing and executing test protocols.
- Analyzing/processing data and generating well-written reports.
- Strong analytical thinking / background.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, or other 3D CAD tool.
- Experience with mechanical drawings.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as MATLAB or Python.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes and design for manufacturing (DFM) principles.
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Experience with 3D-printing.
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator or Adobe In Design.
- Hands-on/tooling experience.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with RS232 serial communication, GUI programming, multithreading concepts, git/version-control, data analysis in Python(X,Y).
MY01’s offices are located in the heart of downtown Montreal with direct bike path access, BIXI bike stands, close proximity to Place Des Arts metro station and multiple bus lines. We are an enthusiastic and energetic group of individuals committed to the success and well-being of our people. Some of our office perks include smoothies, coffees, bagels and other free snacks and treats at your disposal. Our office breakroom includes a ping-pong and foosball table and our kitchen is fully equipped to prepare your breakfast or lunch. We also host regular 5@7 events at the office and have our very own beer tap installed in our kitchen. What more could you ask for?
If you are looking to start your career with a supportive team, gain valuable work experience and have what it takes to join our internship program, please send us your resume, we would love to hear from you!
MY01 Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating a work environment based on mutual respect, hard work and inclusion without bias or discrimination. Our team is made up of people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and each member is valued for what they know and what they can contribute. As a collective we are continuously learning and encourage each other to push our boundaries and make mistakes we can all learn from. Those who do so will get an opportunity to grow with us and share in our success.
$18.00 - $20.00