Based in Montreal, our growing, diverse team specializes in the development of next generation MicroElectroMechanical System (MEMS) sensors used in a variety of medical devices. MY01 Inc. is on a mission to empower healthcare professionals with the ability to pre-empt severe medical conditions, to improve patient outcomes. One of these medical conditions is Acute Compartment Syndrome.
MY01’s looking for an Electrical Hardware Developer Intern to join our team. This position requires in-depth knowledge of circuit analysis, circuit simulation, electronics design, and circuit testing. The candidate will interface with a diverse team of electrical, mechanical, and software engineers in the overall product integration effort.
Since most designs have micro-controller units as key components in the architecture, special focus is cast on understanding the basics of embedded programming and micro-controller architectures. Priority will be given to students who have advanced knowledge and practical experience in embedded programming.
The Electrical Hardware Developer Intern will report directly to Senior Hardware Developer and will be expected to work a total of 40 hours per week.
We are NXTSens Microsystems, a Montreal based scaleup focused on powering the future with microtechnology. Born out of McGill University, NXTSens is the growing team behind multiple businesses and technologies including MY01
MY01 is a state-of-the-art medical diagnostic aid for the detection of acute compartment syndrome. Stathera is a business focused on delivering a suite of tailored timing and frequency reference solutions for the semiconductor industry. MY01 has been ranked among the top 50 Medtech's by Medtech Innovator (2018) and Stathera was the only Canadian company to make it to EE Times Silicon 60: 2018’s Emerging Companies to Watch.
MY01 Inc. was originally founded as the result of a university research project initiated by Dr. Edward J. Harvey, a renowned Montreal trauma surgeon. What initially started as a small team in a research lab at McGill University in 2015, has now transformed into a growth stage med-tech business comprising nearly 50 professionals - and we’re only just getting started.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Absorb and understand electrical designs in a short time interval;
- Perform extensive electrical testing on existing designs and develop corresponding test protocols;
- Operate lab instruments to conduct required tests;
- Write instrumentation code scripts as part of the test procedure;
- Carry out related electrical and electronics designs;
- Design multiple layer Printed Circuit Boards;
- Relay electrical hardware specifications to the mechanical teams;
- Carry out documentation tasks and use Printed Circuit Boards design software.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electrical/Software/Mechanical engineering or equivalent;
- Comprehensive circuit analysis knowledge;
- Knowledge of electronics design and analysis principles;
- Experience in working with circuit simulation tools;
- Programming knowledge for instrumentation purposes;
- Operation of lab instruments such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers;
- Understanding of Printed Circuit Board design;
- Understanding of embedded programming basics and principles;
- Embedded programming experience with ST-Micro/nRF Toolchain. is an asset;
- PCB Design experience with Altium, is an asset;
- Knowledge of Circuit Simulation with OrCad/Spice, is an asset.
- Quick learner, as well as, self-learner to adapt to start-up environment needs;
- Creative personality that is also autonomous, enthusiastic and meticulous;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
MY01’s offices are located in the heart of downtown Montreal with direct bike path access, BIXI bike stands, close proximity to Place Des Arts metro station and multiple bus lines. We are an enthusiastic and energetic group of individuals committed to the success and well-being of our people. Some of our office perks include smoothies, coffees, bagels and other free snacks and treats at your disposal. Our office breakroom includes a ping-pong and foosball table and our kitchen is fully equipped to prepare your breakfast or lunch. We also host regular 5@7 events at the office and have our very own beer tap installed in our kitchen. What more could you ask for?
If you are looking to start your career with a supportive team, gain valuable work experience and have what it takes to join our internship program, please send us your resume, we would love to hear from you!
MY01 Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating a work environment based on mutual respect, hard work and inclusion without bias or discrimination. Our team is made up of people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and each member is valued for what they know and what they can contribute. As a collective we are continuously learning and encourage each other to push our boundaries and make mistakes we can all learn from. Those who do so will get an opportunity to grow with us and share in our success.
$18.00 - $20.00