We are NXTSens Microsystems, a McGill spin-off start-up working on state-of-the-art medical sensing technology MY01. Our solution aids physicians in preventing Acute Compartment Syndrome (ACS) by monitoring perfusion pressure. MY01 has been ranked among top 50 Medtech by Medtech Innovator (2018) and it’s the only Canadian company to make it to EE Times Silicon 60: 2018’s Emerging Companies to Watch. This is an opportunity to be a core member of a fledgling start-up, you will be working closely in a diverse team of dedicated engineers.
MY01 Inc. is a company founded as a result of a university research project initiated by Dr. Edward Harvey, a well known Montreal trauma surgeon. This project initially involved 2 teachers and two students in a research lab at McGill University and now counts nearly 40 people. Based in Montreal, our rapidly growing diverse team specializes in the development of next generation miniature sensors that are used in a variety of medical devices. MY01 Inc. is on a mission to empower healthcare professionals with the ability to pre-empt severe medical conditions, to improve patient outcomes. One of these medical conditions is Acute Compartment Syndrome
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern with a strong background in conceptual design and manufacturing principles. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in biomedical technologies.
You will be responsible for aiding in the design, manufacturing, and integration of mechanical parts and systems for the MY01 device. You will also be required to design and execute bench-tests and to deliver the results as concise, well-organized reports. These tasks involve a high level of complexity, as well as hands-on expertise. NXTSENS has developed significant expertise in these areas, you will be guided until you can function independently.
● Strong analytical thinking / background.
● Experience with Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, or other 3D CAD tool.
● Experience with mechanical drawings.
● Experience with data analysis tools such as MATLAB or Python.
● Good understanding of manufacturing processes and design for manufacturing (DFM) principles.
● Strong background in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer.
● Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD.
● Experience with 3D-printing.
● Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator or Adobe In Design.
● Hands-on/tooling experience.
● Experience with Object Oriented Programming.
● Experience with RS232 serial communication, GUI programming, multithreading concepts, git/version-control, data analysis in Python(X,Y).