Stathera is a semiconductor company focused on delivering performance leading MEMS timing and frequency reference solutions for the semiconductor industry. Headquartered in Montreal, our team specializes in MEMS timing products which provides disruptive competitive advantages over quartz-based timing. At Stathera, we are also passionate about saving time, and reducing system cost for our customers. Our first-to-the-world true dual-output (kHz and MHz) MEMS oscillator replaces two quartz-based oscillators, enabling simplification of system design, miniaturization, BOM reduction, lower current consumption, and lower cost for a variety of applications including wearables, IoT and smartphones.
Stathera is transforming the 100-year-old quartz-based timing market to MEMS-based timing with our breakthrough innovation in Timing technology and was the only Canadian company to make it to EE Times Silicon 60: 2018’s Emerging Companies to Watch.
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
We are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join our growing team based out of Montreal. We encourage experienced candidates with Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering to apply for this position. The successful candidate will contribute in developing low noise and high-performance analog and mixed-signal circuits to support Stathera’s Research and Development team in developing its proprietary micro-electro-mechanical-systems (MEMS) resonators and sensors. The candidate will work on different projects developing electronic circuits while utilizing hardware and software. The successful candidate will report directly to Research and Development Manager and will be expected to a total of 40 hours per week.
● Architecting and analyzing analog and mixed-signal circuits and electronics;
● Designing and capturing schematic and PCB layout using Altium designer;
● Assisting and contributing in developing embedded system and firmware;
● Testing, validating and characterizing low and high frequency circuits;
● Analyzing/processing data and generating well-written reports.
● A Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering or any other related designation;
● At least three (3) years of experience in a similar field;
● A strong background in analyzing and designing analog electronics;
● Experienced and proficient in Altium Designer;
● Knowledge of embedded systems and programming;
● Having a knowledge of computer programming such as: Python, C++ or MATLAB are preferred;
● Proficient in data analysis with proven problem-solving skills;
● Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others;
● The ability to work well under pressure and excellent time management skills.
● Background in high frequency analog and mixed-signal electronics and measurement systems is an asset;
● Having experience in micro-electro-mechanical-systems (MEMS) technology is a bonus.
Stathera’s offices are located in the heart of downtown Montreal with direct bike path access, BIXI bike stands, close proximity to Place des Arts metro station and multiple bus lines. We are an enthusiastic and energetic group of individuals committed to the success and well-being of our people. Some of our office perks include smoothies, coffees, bagels and other free snacks and treats at your disposal. Our office breakroom includes a ping-pong and foosball table and our kitchen is fully equipped to prepare your breakfast or lunch. We also host regular 5@7 events at the office and have our very own beer tap installed in our kitchen. What more could you ask for?
If you are looking to start your career with a supportive team, gain valuable work experience and have what it takes to join our internship program, please send us your resume, we would love to hear from you!
Stathera is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating a work environment based on mutual respect, hard work and inclusion without bias or discrimination. Our team is made up of people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and each member is valued for what they know and what they can contribute. As a collective we are continuously learning and encourage each other to push our boundaries and make mistakes we can all learn from. Those who do so will get an opportunity to grow with us and share in our success.