We are NXTSens Microsystems, a Montreal based scaleup focused on powering the future with microtechnology. Born out of McGill University, NXTSens is the growing team behind multiple businesses and technologies including MY01
MY01 is a state-of-the-art medical diagnostic aid for the detection of acute compartment syndrome. Stathera is a business focused on delivering a suite of tailored timing and frequency reference solutions for the semiconductor industry. MY01 has been ranked among the top 50 Medtech's by Medtech Innovator (2018) and Stathera was the only Canadian company to make it to EE Times Silicon 60: 2018’s Emerging Companies to Watch.
MY01 Inc. was originally founded as the result of a university research project initiated by Dr. Edward J. Harvey, a renowned Montreal trauma surgeon. What initially started as a small team in a research lab at McGill University in 2015, has now transformed into a growth stage med-tech business comprising nearly 50 professionals - and we’re only just getting started.
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
Based in Montreal, our growing, diverse team specializes in the development of next generation Microelectromechanical System (MEMS) sensors used in a variety of medical devices. MY01 Inc. is on a mission to empower healthcare professionals with the ability to pre-empt severe medical conditions, to improve patient outcomes. One of these medical conditions is Acute Compartment Syndrome.
MY01’s looking for a Junior IT Administrator to join our team. This position requires in-depth knowledge of Windows, Linux, Active Directory, and network administration.
The successful candidate will earn valuable experience in a fast moving, collaborative, and high performing Startup environment. The Junior IT Administrator will report directly to Senior IT Administrator and will be expected to a total of 40 hours per week.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
● Plan and deploy Active Directory Domain Services. Overall responsibility for the company wide Active Directory infrastructure.
● Proactively identify enhancements to existing configurations, technologies, and procedures to improve performance.
● Simplify deployment and operations by automating tasks.
● Maintain proactively QEMU hypervisors for optimal performance, ensuring scalability and stability.
● Maintain proactively the company’s network hypervisors for optimal performance, ensuring scalability and stability.
● Maintain and create documentation of configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures.
● Respond to user requests and service requests and solve complex technical issues.
● In depth knowledge of Windows and Linux system administration.
● In depth knowledge of WAN, LAN, and datacenter network architectures.
● In depth knowledge of switching, routing, and multicast protocols.
● In depth knowledge of virtualization technologies.
● Strong scripting and automation skills in Python, GO, Perl, Ruby or equivalent
● Excellent verbal/written communication skills and documentation/knowledge management skills.
● Independent problem-solving, highly motivated, and self-directing.
● Active interest in IT Security and general knowledge of Information Security.
● Experience in one of these solutions is a plus:
○ IFS ERP Software and Oracle Database
MY01’s offices are located in the heart of downtown Montreal with direct bike path access, BIXI bike stands, close proximity to Place Des Arts metro station and multiple bus lines. We are an enthusiastic and energetic group of individuals committed to the success and well-being of our people. Some of our office perks include smoothies, coffees, bagels and other free snacks and treats at your disposal. Our office breakroom includes a ping-pong and foosball table and our kitchen is fully equipped to prepare your breakfast or lunch. We also host regular 5@7 events at the office and have our very own beer tap installed in our kitchen. What more could you ask for?
If you are looking to start your career with a supportive team, gain valuable work experience and have what it takes to join our internship program, please send us your resume, we would love to hear from you!
MY01 Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating a work environment based on mutual respect, hard work and inclusion without bias or discrimination. Our team is made up of people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and each member is valued for what they know and what they can contribute. As a collective we are continuously learning and encourage each other to push our boundaries and make mistakes we can all learn from. Those who do so will get an opportunity to grow with us and share in our success.