We are NXTSens Microsystems, a Montreal based scaleup focused on powering the future with microtechnology. Born out of McGill University, NXTSens is the growing team behind multiple businesses and technologies including MY01 and Stathera.
MY01 is a state-of-the-art medical diagnostic aid for the detection of acute compartment syndrome. Stathera is a business focused on delivering a suite of tailored timing and frequency reference solutions for the semiconductor industry. MY01 has been ranked among the top 50 Medtech's by Medtech Innovator (2018) and Stathera was the only Canadian company to make it to EE Times Silicon 60: 2018’s Emerging Companies to Watch.
MY01 Inc. was originally founded as the result of a university research project initiated by Dr. Edward J. Harvey, a renowned Montreal trauma surgeon. What initially started as a small team in a research lab at McGill University in 2015, has now transformed into a growth stage med-tech business comprising nearly 50 professionals - and we’re only just getting started.
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
Based in Montreal, our growing, diverse team specializes in the development of next generation MicroElectroMechanical System (MEMS) sensors used in a variety of medical devices. MY01 Inc. is on a mission to empower healthcare professionals with the ability to pre-empt severe medical conditions, to improve patient outcomes. One of these medical conditions is Acute Compartment Syndrome.
MY01’s internship program encourages skilled students and recent graduates interested in a Mobile Application development career to apply to join our team.This is an opportunity to be part of a development team of future contributors to IoT in the medical industry. The successful candidate will be working closely in a diverse team of dedicated and enthusiastic engineers, where you will learn and develop on-the-job skills. The Mobile Application Development Intern will report directly to the Software Developer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Design, implement and test a medical React Native mobile application.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure high-quality code delivery.
- Design and implement secure communication protocols over Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Create, maintain, execute and automate test protocols.
- Implement IEC 62304: Medical device software processes, activities and tasks.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Software engineering or equivalent;
- Experience with React and/or React Native.
- Experience with native iOS and/or Android development.
- Experience with UI automation tests.
- Experience with Bluetooth programming.
- Experience in UI/UX design
- Quick learner, as well as, self-learner to adapt to start-up environment needs;
- Creative personality that is also autonomous, enthusiastic and meticulous;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
MY01’s offices are located in the heart of downtown Montreal with direct bike path access, BIXI bike stands, close proximity to Place Des Arts metro station and multiple bus lines. We are an enthusiastic and energetic group of individuals committed to the success and well-being of our people. Some of our office perks include smoothies, coffees, bagels and other free snacks and treats at your disposal. Our office breakroom includes a ping-pong and foosball table and our kitchen is fully equipped to prepare your breakfast or lunch. We also host regular 5@7 events at the office and have our very own beer tap installed in our kitchen. What more could you ask for?
If you are looking to start your career with a supportive team, gain valuable work experience and have what it takes to join our internship program, please send us your resume, we would love to hear from you!
MY01 Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating a work environment based on mutual respect, hard work and inclusion without bias or discrimination. Our team is made up of people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and each member is valued for what they know and what they can contribute. As a collective we are continuously learning and encourage each other to push our boundaries and make mistakes we can all learn from. Those who do so will get an opportunity to grow with us and share in our success.
$18.00 - $20.00